SOUTHEAST GEORGIA REGION
The Southeast Georgia Region is situated directly on Georgia’s coast between Savannah, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida. Business located in the Region benefit from a wide range of economic assets that few locations can offer.
Here’s a few key highlights about Southeast Georgia
- A Labor Market that exceeds 1 million potential employees. Jacksonville, Florida and Savannah, Georgia border the Region which provides access to a huge workforce.
- I-95 runs north and south through middle of the Region and I-10 and I-16 are a short drive to the south and north. Bussiness can easily reach the entire southeast United States in a one-day drive.
- The Port of Brunswick is located in Glynn County and is the second busiest port in the U.S. for ro/ro cargo.
- Port of Savannah and the Port of Jacksonville are both container ports and border the edge of the Region. Businesses are able to choose between the two Ports and get the best price.
- 37 minute flights to Atlanta (3 daily) via Delta from the Brunswick-Golden Isles Airport and a choice of two major international airports: Jacksonville International Airport and Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport.
- Two Class I rail providers: Norfolk Southern and CSX. Extensive rail and rail served industrial sites are located throught the Southeast Georgia Region.
See For Yourself…
Natural beauty abounds in Southeast Georgia as well as a strong business climate. Each county in the Southeast Georgia Region has very competitive millage rates. There are several industrial parks in the region that offer full utilities and a thriving business community. In addition, each County has quick access to a full range of medical services.